Why Cats Make The Purrfect Pets
They say dogs are a human’s best friend, however, cats can also be affectionate companions. Depending on your lifestyle, they may actually be a better fit for you. If you're considering bringing a furry friend into your life, here are some compelling reasons why cats make great pets.
They are Low Maintenance
One of the main reasons why cats make great pets is their low-maintenance nature. They are relatively self-sufficient:
- They groom themselves regularly, however, long-haired cats do require some grooming and cats should be brushed to prevent matting and tangling. But you won’t have to worry about cats rolling around in the mud! When you feel like your cat can use a cleaning, try our Metro Wipes Natural Unscented.
- They don’t need walks multiple times a day. They use a litter box for the bathroom, and many cats can get all the exercise they need indoors (especially if you have places for them to climb).
- They are fairly easy to train (even feral cats have the instinct to bury their waste). The litter box can be cleaned daily with our Poopy Packs for CATS, ultra degradable bags in fun designs.
They Are Great For Your Home
Whether you live in an apartment or a home, cats are purrfect for your space:
- If you’ve ever been apartment hunting, then you know how more buildings allow cats than dogs. It can be difficult to find a dog-friendly place.
- Cats are typically quieter than dogs (and meows aren’t as loud as barks), so you won’t have neighbors mad at you.
- Cats don’t take up as much space as dogs; just make sure they have vertical levels. With dogs, you may worry about giving them enough space to play and get their zoomies out.
- They keep pests away from your home! Cats are natural hunters so they can keep mice, bugs, and more at bay.
They Are Independent
With cats, you don't have to worry as much about leaving them home alone. They don’t need to be taken out for the bathroom and they are also less likely to develop separation anxiety. In addition, cats sleep on average 15 hours a day so you don’t have to worry about them getting bored while you’re away.
While cats are known for their independent spirits, that doesn't mean they don't enjoy companionship. They often form deep bonds with their owners and love to cuddle, play, and show affection in their own unique ways. When you’re home, they may not require all of your attention but do like curling up on your lap. The balance between independence and affection makes cats suitable for a variety of lifestyles, from busy professionals to retirees.
They Have Pawsome Personalities
Every cat has its own unique personality, which can be endlessly entertaining and endearing. When your cat plays, you’ll find enjoyment in watching them. Try sprinkling Metro Bliss Nip on their toys to encourage play. When your cat naps, you’ll find it heartwarming. There is a cat that will match your energy and bring you endless companionship.
They Are Good For Your Health
Numerous studies have shown that spending time with cats can reduce stress and anxiety levels. The act of petting a cat can release feel-good hormones like oxytocin and lower cortisol, the stress hormone. The soothing purring sound of a content cat is also known to have a calming effect on humans.
Additionally, cats typically produce fewer allergens than dogs, and some breeds such as the Sphynx and Siberian, are known to be more allergy-friendly due to their unique coat types. In a study by the National Institutes of Health, babies who were exposed to a cat were less likely to develop allergies to pets.
They Cost Less To Care For
The ASPCA reports that the overall cost of cat care is lower than that of do care. From the first moment you get a cat it’s actually cheaper. When you adopt a cat from a shelter or rescue, the fees tend to be lower. Supplies tend to be cheaper for cats and with their smaller size you won’t have to buy as much food. Because cats don’t need much for entertainment (have you ever seen a cat with a cardboard box?) you won’t have to buy as many toys. Additionally, veterinary care isn’t as expensive for cats as it is for dogs.
They Have A Long Lifespan
Cats are known for their longer lifespan compared to other pets. The average life span of a cat is 12 years, but with proper care and attention to their health, some cats can live well into their late teens or even early twenties. This long companionship ensures that you'll have a loyal and loving friend for a significant portion of your life.
Cats are more than just adorable companions; they are loving, low-maintenance, and offer numerous physical and emotional benefits to their owners. Their unique personalities and independence make them great pets for people with various lifestyles. If you're looking for a loyal friend who will bring joy, comfort, and a touch of mystery into your life, consider adopting a cat. These elegant and fascinating creatures have been cherished by humans for centuries, and they continue to enrich our lives with their presence.
This blog captures the charm of feline friends with soothing purrs and joyful companionship.
This article explains very well why cats make “perfect” pets! Their independence, affection, and unique personalities are truly adorable. I couldn’t agree more with the points shared here. Cats bring a lot of joy and comfort to our lives. A great book for cat lovers.
I absolutely loved studying your weblog submit on why cats make the “purrfect” pets! Your insights into the special features and traits that make cats such outstanding companions are each informative and heartwarming. As a cat lover myself, I could not agree greater with your factors about their independence, affection, and calming presence. Thank you for sharing your love for pussycat buddies and for highlighting the many motives why cats surely are wonderful pets. Looking ahead to extra notable content material from MetroPaws!