Why Should You Adopt a Senior Pet?
Updated: Nov 7, 2019
In case you weren't aware, November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month! Senior pets are often overlooked in shelters as their gray faces sit sadly waiting for a chance to be loved again. But we are here to tell you the pawesome reasons to dive in and adopt a senior pet!
1. If you want a purebred rescue, it's much easier to find a purebred senior dog compared to a puppy or young adult dog. Just check out Nathaniel in the photo below from Pug Nation Rescue in Los Angeles!
2. They're less demanding (unless they're Stone) as they often just want your love and attention during their last years.
3. Older pets have a lower energy level which makes them ideal for those with a more calm lifestyle or seniors in need of companionship.
4. They're most likely housebroken already. Remember, we said most likely, not definitely! In case they can't hold their pee as long due to their age, try out Metro Pads® to make house training a breeze!
5. There are no surprises! What you see is what you get in regards to both their look and personality.
6. You'll feel like a hero! Yes, it's a bit of a selfish reason but still a good one!
7. They are more likely to be less destructive in their older years due to both lower anxiety and energy levels.
Need any other reasons? Just hop on down to your local shelter and meet eyes with those senior faces and you'll be sure to fall in love!